Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Race

This isn't the post I want to be writing, but today was a poor showing for us. Our warm-up row and weigh-in went well, and we felt good. However, even though this was only a race for lanes, our sense of urgency was lacking, and that's not an option. So, getting a feel for what we could do in the first 1000m didn't work out so well.

For me personally, I owe it to everyone that got me here, and to myself, and to my teammates, to be better. Tomorrow's workout will focus on getting into the race with target times to hit based on the times from today's race (which will likely speed up come Saturday). If our speed in the final gets us 4th or 5th, or 6th, I can live with that if we leave it all on the course, but the frustration I'm feeling now is because we didn't...and because we've posted competitive splits on this course in the past week.

In other news, Denmark's bowman snapped his oar on the way to the start which delayed our race 40 minutes - would've been tough for them to row w/a stump.

Also, the wind forecast for thurs/fri looks worse than Monday (when races were cancelled), so there's talk of moving some of those races, but nothing confirmed yet.

Pete

Forecast is also calling for 75% chance of better posts later this wk.

1 comment:

  1. Zondervan predicts 97% chance of better posts later this week. The remaining 3% is due to the fact that if Pete sees a camera on the course, he may stop rowing and start pointing.

    ReplyDelete